Atalanta Corporation | Cheese & Specialty Deli Department
- Atalanta is one of the largest importers of cheese in the United States of America, importing cheese since 1953.
- Atalanta has the largest and most diverse cheese import license portfolio, enabling the widest variety of imported cheeses in the industry.
- Atalanta covers all the major dairy import categories, including: butter, Italian and Italian-style hard cheeses, soft—ripened cheeses, goat cheeses, blue, Edam, Gouda, feta, and Swiss cheeses as well as a whole range of artisanal cheeses from around the world, and value-added items such as grated and shredded cheeses, pre-cut and wrapped cheeses.
- Atalanta imports cheeses from more than 35 countries, spanning five continents.
- Atalanta also has become a leading importer of specialty cheeses strengthened by its air program from five countries - France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, and Israel.
- In total, the Gellert Global Group’s cheese business has revenue in excess of $200 million, derived from Atalanta Cheese Department, Finica Foods and Tipico sales.
- Atalanta Specialty Cheeses can be found at the nation’s leading specialty retailers, including A&P, Bristol Farms, Central Markets (H-E-B), Costco, Dean & Deluca, Lunds & Byerly’s, Trader Joe’s, Wegmans, and Whole Foods.